Medela's wide range of PersonalFit breast shields allows mothers to choose exactly the right breast shield size for them to ensure maximum comfort and efficiency whilst expressing milk. Find the right breast shield size for you:
What is Included:
Test your breast shield size
- Start with the 24 mm that came with your pump, or the size determined by measuring.
- Center the nipple and gently hold the breast shield against your breast.
- Adjust for Maximum Comfort VacuumTM to achieve optimum suction level.
- Refer to the images below while pumping in the expression phase (after the stimulation phase).
Reasons to try a new size
- Does your nipple rub the tunnel sides to the point of causing discomfort?
- Do you see excessive areola being pulled into the tunnel?
- Do you see any redness?
- Is your nipple or areola turning white?
- Do you feel unexpressed milk after breast milk pumping?
If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, consider trying a new size. If you are still unsure that you selected the right breast shield size, contact a lactation consultant or breastfeeding specialist.
PersonalFit Breast shields are available in five different sizes: S (21 mm) M (24 mm) L (27 mm) XL (30 mm) XXL (36 mm)